Updates and News
Meeting agendas are available online one week prior to the meeting date. Please contact the Planning Commission at 502-348-1805 for upcoming meeting information.
Public Hearing Notice
The Joint City-County Planning Commission of Nelson County will hold a public hearing on Wednesday, June 21, 2023, at 6:00 p.m. in the Fiscal Court Room, 2nd Floor, Old Courthouse Building, Bardstown to receive public comments on the following Zoning Regulations text amendments:
- · Amend Section 8.2A(1) to require mandatory pre-application conference for Planned Unit Development (PUD) applications;
- · Amend Section 8.2C to extend the build out of an approved Planned Unit Development (PUD) from 3 to 10 years;
- · Amend Section 6.1A to delete distilled spirits storage buildings as a permitted principal use in A-1 zoning district;
- · Amend Section 6.1C(7) to delete distilled spirits storage on tracts between 50 and 100 acres as a permitted conditional use in A-1 zoning district; and,
- · Create Section 6.1D(4) to allow distilled spirits storage facilities as a permitted Planned Unit Development (PUD) in A-1 zoning district.
Proposed amendments are available online at www.ncpz.com or available for public inspection at the Planning Commission office, 129 Parkway Drive, Bardstown during regular business hours.
- Section 6.1A /uplimg/cms//Section6.1.pdf
- Article 8 /uplimg/cms//Article8.pdf
Short-Term Rentals (STRs) & Bed and Breakfasts (B&Bs) Requirements/Regulations
- General Information (permits, inspections, licenses, taxes, etc.
- STR & B&B Zoning Compliance Checklist - Bardstown
- STR & B&B Zoning Compliance Checklist - Bloomfield, Fairfield, New Haven, & Unincorporated Nelson County
2020 Census & American Community Survey 5-Year Data