A zoning map amendment (zone change) is the procedure for changing the zoning classification of a property to allow certain land use. The Planning Commission hears and makes recommendations and the appropriate legislative body takes final action on zone changes. KRS Chapter 100 requires the Planning Commission and legislative bodies to evaluate requested zone changes for consistency with the adopted Comprehensive Plan, and if not in agreement with the adopted Comprehensive Plan, whether the existing zoning classification is inappropriate and requested zoning is appropriate and/or there have been major changes of a social, physical, economic nature that were not anticipated by the adopted Comprehensive Plan.